Wednesday 10 June 2015

Quoting Frank Zappa (and his mother)

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
Frank Zappa



"The thing that makes me mad about Frank is that his hair is curlier than mine - and blacker."
Zappa's mother on Zappa



The photographs of Frank Zappa (1940-1993) with his parents were taken for the 24 September 1971 issue of LIFE by John Olson (via).
"Everyone had told me that Frank Zappa was going to be really difficult, and he couldn't have been more professional."  John Olson


- photographs of Frank Zappa with his parents via and via and via
- Fisher Lowe, K. (2007). The Words and Music of Frank Zappa. Bison Books

9 comments:

  1. Eye candy, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zappa, the parents, the colours, ... the perfect photograph ;-)
      Thanks for commenting, Gwen.

      Delete
  2. "A proper country needs a beer and an airline." Frank, forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's a nice one! Interesting selection of criteria to define a proper country ;-) And thanks for sharing it, Karen!

      Delete
  3. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - I instantly fell in love with them ;-)

      Delete
  4. I first listened to FZ when I was 12 or 13....Freak Out.....I am now going on 65 and the internet has allowed me to "REALLY" listen to way more than I could ever had imagined...........he was UNREAL!!!

    ReplyDelete