Thursday 16 March 2023

Quoting Paul Robeson

"Here we were born and here we will stay." 
Paul Robeson (1898-1976)


"Well, I am the son of an emancipated slave and the stories of old father are vivid on the tablets of my memory." 

"My father was a slave and my people died to build this country and I am going to stay here and have a part of it just like you." 

"This United States Government should go down to Mississippi and protect my people. That is what should happen." 

"To fight for participation in the forward march of humanity." 

"The history of the capitalist era is characterized by the degradation of my people." 

"I am being tried for fighting for the right of my people." 

"I've learned that my people are not the only ones oppressed." 

"I am here because I am opposing the Neo-Fascist cause, which I see arising here in these committees." 

"As an artist, I come to sing, but as a citizen, I will always speak for peace, and no one can silence me in this." 

"I do not hesitate one second to state clearly and unmistakably: I belong to the American resistance movement which fights against American imperialism."

- - - - - -
photograph via

No comments:

Post a Comment