Monday 14 January 2019

Quoting Miriam Margolyes

"Anti-Semitism is a rotten thing. It's an ignorant, stupid, horrible thing. As is anti-Muslim feeling. They have to be together."
Miriam Margolyes



"The curious thing is that I embraced homosexuality with as much joy and delight as I've embraced everything else in my life."
Miriam Margolyes

"People who were gay were pitied and ridiculed by my parents - they had no modern sense of people being allowed to be who they were."
Miriam Margolyes

"Although my parents both liked her, they just didn't approve of a same-sex relationship. Nowadays, people say that you must let children be what they are, but when I was growing up, the parents defined the child - and my parents had a definite vision of how they wanted me to be."
Miriam Margolyes

"Everything's harder for women: harder to start, to stay employed, to run a life with a family."
Miriam Margolyes

"I think Britain is a bit class-ridden. People tend to be judged by how rounded their vowels are."
Miriam Margolyes

- - - - -
photograph via

3 comments:

  1. Abbie Winterburn14 January 2019 at 11:07

    She's such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mainly know her from the Graham Norton Show where she seems to be a regular guest. What a charming person she is!
    Many thanks for dropping by, Abbie and Macy!

    ReplyDelete