Wednesday 28 August 2019

Quoting Ricky Gervais

"Sometimes being old is used as an insult, which is bizarre because, if you're lucky, that's literally going to happen to you. It's a strange thing to gloat about: being born recently."
Ricky Gervais



"There are no Hollywood stars speaking out for the elderly. They're forgotten, bewildered, and I don't think it's because people are cruel or don't care. It's because you don't want to think about your own mortality. I think people don't talk about it enough."
Ricky Gervais

"I think our elderly are forgotten sometimes."

Ricky Gervais

"I'm a fan of the kind of political correctness that is about not promoting prejudice. But some people in America are offended by equality because when you've had privilege for so long, equality feels like oppression."
Ricky Gervais

"I don't like it when I see a racist comedian go up and say, 'What are we gonna do about all these immigrants?' and they get a round the applause. I think, 'Well that's not a joke. That's just your biased opinion."
Ricky Gervais



photographs via

3 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Kenneth and Karen! I love his sense of humour; my all-time favourite is him reading Noah's Ark. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete