Sunday 26 September 2021

"The F-word really is freedom."

“Fifty is a big corner to turn. It used to mean being put out to pasture, but it's the opposite with me. I feel more vibrant; I'm more active than I've ever been. The F-word really is freedom. It's the freedom to have dropped the rock-the rock of addiction, of family, of comparisons with other people. It's being fit and focused and kind of furious.” 
Jamie Lee Curtis



“I was doing a children's book on self-esteem, and I really felt like I wanted to shed the shame I'd been feeling - and maybe make it easier for women my age who had probably felt bad about themselves.” 

“I am appalled that the term we use to talk about aging is 'anti'. Aging is human evolution in its pure form. Death, taxes and aging .... We are ALL going to age and soften and mellow and transition.”

“I don't think any woman wants to be known for being beautiful or busty. I think you want to be known for who you are.” 

“Modern women are just bombarded. There's nothing but media telling us we're all supposed to be great cooks, have great style, be great in bed, be the best mothers, speak seven languages, and be able to understand derivatives. And we don't really have women we're modeling after, so we're all looking for how to do this.” 

- - - - - -
photograph of Jamie Lee Curtis and her mother Janeth Leigh via

2 comments:

  1. love the girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, she has a wonderful attitude to ageing.
      Thanks for dropping by, Abbie!

      Delete