Saturday 27 June 2015

Hasta la vista.

Jakub: What's wrong with U Arnie? I have to unlike...
Arnie: Hasta la vista.



Shortly after yesterday's U.S. Supreme Court's decision to guarantee same-sex marriage as a fundamental constitutional right in all U.S. states, facebook launched a tool to let its users show their support by using a rainbow filter (via).
“I’m so happy for all of my friends and everyone in our community who can finally celebrate their love and be recognized as equal couples under the law. We still have much more to do to achieve full equality for everyone in our community, but we are moving in the right direction.”
Mark Zuckerberg
A great many celebrities used the rainbow filter, among them Arnold Schwarzenegger. When one of his followers communicated that he had to "unlike" (Jakub got 293 "likes" for the comment), Arnie's hilarious response was: "Hasta la vista." (a comment with 646 "likes").

Update (28 June '15): After a short while, the scores of Jakub vs. Arnie were 757 : 4.722 for Arnie. By the next morning, the posting had been shared 10.000 times and liked 250.522 times.

image and facebook dialogue via

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He totally is! What a great dialogue this is between the two of them ;-) Thanks, Derek!

      Delete
  2. Frans Gunnarsson27 June 2015 at 15:35

    Equality machine! Wow. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, me too. I just turned into a fan a few minutes ago :-) Thanks, Frans!

      Delete
  3. I never thought I would see him that way, I do now :-) Thanks, Kenneth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brain exploded!! Arnie became sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know what that feels like ;-) Thanks, Karen!

      Delete